1. Family or Lions Meadows of Hope?
Both! Instead of a fixed amount, consider gifting a percentage of your estate or specific assets. That way, gifts to loved ones and to Lions Meadows of Hope remain proportional – no matter how your estate fluctuates.
2. What can I leave besides cash?
You can make a gift of just about anything you own – cash, stocks, life insurance policies, retirement accounts, real estate or personal property.
3. Do I need a will to make a planned gift?
It depends on the type of planned gift you make. While there are some planned gifts that donʼt require a will, others do need to be a part of your will to be valid. Your best bet is to consult a professional advisor to be sure your wishes will be carried out.
5. How much work and time is involved in making a planned gift?
It depends on the type of gift you make and the complexity (or simplicity) of your estate. There are many types of planned gifts that a qualified advisor can help you set up quickly and easily.
6. What are the tax advantages to making a planned gift?
Most planned gifts do carry tax advantages – but how many depends on the type of gift you make. Thatʼs why itʼs important to consult a professional advisor to be sure you are maximizing all available tax breaks as you consider making a planned gift.
7. What is Lions Meadows of Hope’s tax ID number?